Board of Trustees Policies
Board of Trustees Policies are established by the Board of Trustees of the University of Arkansas and applicable to the campuses, divisions and units of the UA System.
UA Systemwide Policies and Procedures
UA Systemwide Policies and Procedures (UASP) are instituted by the President’s Office with the purpose of providing guidance and direction to campuses regarding certain administrative subjects. This may include guidance related to existing Board of Trustees Policies and other guidance that cannot be appropriately addressed in Board policy.
The following revisions to Board of Trustees Policy will be proposed for the regular Board meeting on September 14-15 at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville. Both clean and red-lined versions of the policies are listed below. Public comment on the policies may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The policy revisions include:
- Board Policy 405.3: Resignations of Employment was revised to account for resignations communicated electronically and verbally: Red-line copy – Clean copy
- Board Policy 705.1: Use of University Facilities was revised to expand the definition of the educational mission of the University related to facility use to include economic development and community involvement, as well as to account other uses of University facilities allowed under campus policies. Red-line copy – Clean copy
- Board Policy 1725.1 Funding Intercollegiate Athletic Programs was reorganized for clarity and revised to remove outdated language and align the policy regarding funding athletic programs with current state law. Red-line copy – Clean copy
Additionally, the General Counsel is recommending the deletion of the following policies:
- Board Policy 225.1 Solicitation and Fundraising Activities, which is addressed partially by the revised Board Policy 705.1 and will be further incorporated into a forthcoming draft of UASP 715.1 Use of University Facilities.
- Board Policy 1240.1 Policy for Obstetrical Services at UAMS, which is obsolete
- Board Policy 1225.1 Utilization Review Plan of the University Hospital, which is obsolete
- Board Policy 1440.1 Women’s Housing at UAM, which is obsolete